Updated WEATHER every hour; Delta WATER and tide conditions; live TOWER CAM;
The FISHING report with PHOTOGRAPHS; harbor NEWS Items; before you get UNDERWAY ;
OTHER points of interest; WHO are we? WHAT can we provide? WHERE are we?
CRITICAL NEWS REGARING FRANKS TRACK AND LITTLE FRANKS TRACK
Courtesy Marine Examination
Required Equipment List
NOTE: Passenger for Hire or Commercial Freight may require special additional equipment
- NUMBERING -- Proper spacing, contrasting color, minimum 3-inch block letters
- REGISTRATION/DOCUMENTATION -- Papers must be on board
- NAVIGATION LIGHTS -- Must operate and show proper configuration
- SOUND PRODUCING DEVICE -- Horn, whistle, or other device
- BELL -- Boats 12m [39.4 ft.] or longer
- PERSONAL FLOTATION DEVICE (PFD) -- One wearable for each passenger, minimum of 2. Boats 16 ft &
over also one type IV
- FIRE EXTINGUISHERS -- Mounted, minimum for size & type of boat, HALON/FE241/CO2 requires current
- VISUAL DISTRESS SIGNALS (VSDS) INLAND -- VDS, Flag, Signal light, etc.
- VISUAL DISTRESS SIGNALS (VDS) INTERNATIONAL -- Minimum flares/aerial rockets or approved signals, not
- VENTILATION -- For closed compartments with potential for explosive vapors and an ignition source. Installed
blower must work. Warning posted
- BACKFIRE FLAME ARRESTER -- Approved type, tight installation, clean
- FUEL SYSTEM -- Tanks secure. Over 7 gal are considered permanent & must be grounded and vented.
Hoses in good condition, no leaks
- ANCHOR & ANCHOR LINE -- Suitable for the boat and the boating area
- ALTERNATE PROPULSION -- Boats under 16 ft, paddle, oar, etc.
- DEWATERING DEVICE -- Pumps must work, extra manual bailer
- OVERALL VESSEL CONDITION -- Bilge & equipment room clean, well maintained. Not overloaded or overpowered,
and no automotive parts
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS -- Batteries secure, terminals covered, well organized wiring, proper fuses/circuit
- GALLEY/HEATING SYSTEMS -- Secure system, proper tank installation. No flammable material nearby
- STATE REQUIREMENTS -- Comply with all state safety requirements
- MARINE SANITATION DEVICE -- Approved device, overboard discharge sealed
- MARPOL TRASH PLACARD -- Boat 26 ft & over, written plan 40 ft & over
- POLLUTION PLACARD -- Boat 26 ft & over, w/machinery compartment
- NAVIGATION RULES -- Boats 12m (39.4 ft) and over
The following items are not a requirement for the decal. These additional items are required under Federal and
State laws. The Vessel Examiner checks these item to assist the boater in determining if the vessel meets the requirements
of these laws.
- CAPACITY PLATE -- Visible, monohull power boats, under 20 ft
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE LABEL -- Monohull power boats under 20 ft, all boats w/installed engines,
except outboards, manufactured after 10/31/72
- HULL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER -- All boats manufactured after 10/31/72